« EuroSity News

The Martinerie, former military base steeped in history

October 17 2014

The Martinerie, former military base steeped in history

The site of the Martinerie is the place where EuroSity will develop the International Higher Education Center of Châteauroux (PESI), and used to host the military headquarters of what was one of the main French military bases, and one of the largest NATO bases from 1951 to 1967.

The Friends of the Martinerie Association was formed to preserve the memory of this historic place. On October 17, 2014, its members signed with the Castelleroussine Urban Community a lease of occupancy of a building dedicated to become a place of remembrance. EuroSity’s team attended the ceremony.

With over 400 members now, the association's mission is to perpetuate the memory of the presence and history of French and foreign armies on the Martinerie site and in the Indre department, particularly through its archives and cultural events.

For more information: www.les-amis-du-site-militaire-de-la-martinerie.org

Twitter feed

Articles that may interest you
» Contact
» Overview
» Eurosity industry
» Eurosity education
» Eurosity Logistics